Paint the Plane Art Contest
To celebrate the partnership between Alaska Airlines and the Portland Timbers, and the Timbers entry into Major League Soccer in 2011, we’re asking you the fans to design a Timbers branded plane by creating your own, unique Timbers centric design using the 737 airplane template we’ve provided on the entry form below. All entries must be submitted by Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 5 p.m.
How it works?
Download the Alaska Airlines 737 airplane template from the pdf HERE. An eps version for digital entries can be dowloaded HERE.
Design your Timbers branded plane. Judging will be based on originality, creativity and the ability to express the Portland Timbers brand in a positive manner.
You do not have to include the Alaska Airlines Eskimo image or the primary Alaska company logo as part of your design. You must include the Timbers primary logo. Download your Timbers logo HERE. You can utilize the entire area of the plane as shown on the official entry form, for your artwork (and don’t worry about the windows — draw right over them!)
- You do not have to include the Alaska Airlines Eskimo image or the primary Alaska company logo as part of your design. You must include the Timbers primary logo. Download your Timbers logo HERE. You can utilize the entire area of the plane as shown on the official entry form, for your artwork (and don’t worry about the windows — draw right over them!)
Submit your artwork one of two ways:
Portland Timbers Paint the Plane Art Contest
1844 SW Morrison
Portland, OR 97205
Submit electronically form to:
Please title the email Paint the Plane Contest. Electronic entries must be no larger than four (4) MBs and must be submitted as a pdf, jpeg, gif or eps file.
Completed entry forms and artwork must be postmarked or emailed by February 15, 2011 to be eligible for consideration. No other material sent along with the Official Entry Form will be accepted.
- Only one (1) entry allowed per person.
The judges will select:
One (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries. Alaska Airlines will replicate the artwork of the Grand Prize winner on one of its 737 aircraft. The Grand Prize winner will also receive two complimentary first class roundtrip tickets to anywhere Alaska Airlines flies including Hawaii, Canada and Mexico, two club seats to the Timbers inaugural home match on April 14, 2011 and a team autographed Timbers jersey.
One (1) Second Place winner. The second place winner will receive two complimentary, coach roundtrip tickets to anywhere Alaska Airlines flies including Hawaii, Canada and Mexico, a team signed autographed Timbers jersey and two complimentary tickets to a 2011 match of their choice (based on availability).
One (1) Third Place winner will receive two roundtrip coach tickets on Alaska for travel in the continental United States, ALASKA and a team $50 gift card good for the Timbers team store or online shop.
- Seven (7) additional honorable mention designs will be selected and featured on portlandtimbers.com. No prizes will be awarded to honorable mention winners.
- Q: How long will the plane be in service?
- A: Alaska Airlines expects the plane to be in service for up to four or five years. As such, including date specific imagery of just the inaugural season is not recommended.
- Q: Can I book travel specifically on the Timbers branded plane?
A: No, Alaska Airlines cannot guarantee that the plane will travel a specific route, although efforts will be made to route it through Portland as frequently as possible. Given Alaska Airlines’ scheduling protocol and the potential for re-routes and re-scheduling, Alaska cannot guarantee that a traveler will be booked on the Timbers branded plane.
- Q: Who will judge the contest?
- A: The Paint the Plane Art Contest will be judged by individuals selected by Alaska Airlines and the Portland Timbers.
- Q: Is there an age restriction for the contest?
- A: No
- Q: What type of design elements can I use?
- A: Permissible methods to create the design include, but are not be limited to, pencil, inks, paints, crayons, and computer-aided designs. The artwork will be scanned, so 3-D elements such as fabric, clay, textures, etc., are not appropriate for this contest.
- Q: Do you have samples of previous Paint the Plane contest designs?
- A: Yes, please see below.
*Full contest details and official rules are included in the “Paint the Plane” entry form.