JELD-WEN FIELD ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABLE PROGRAMS
In an effort to support sustainable development, JELD-WEN Field continually strives to embrace “green” programs and products throughout the facility. JELD-WEN Field received the 2009 “Recycle Works Award” from the City of Portland office of Sustainable Development and is currently pursuing LEED silver cerification.
Below, please find the existing initiatives being implemented by the stadium staff. To learn more, or to become involved in JELD-WEN Field’s “green” campaign, please contact a member of the Green Team (staff noted below).
- Brian Kennedy - Liaison for JELD-WEN Field & OSD. Responsible for training event and post event housekeeping crew to process recycled materials and monitor the program.
- Andrea Tolonen - Trains GS personnel and familiarizes the staff with the program.
Recyclable Materials Processed Onsite
- Glass, plastics, paper, cardboard, food, cooking oil, pallets and unclaimed “Lost and Found” clothes, glasses & cell phones
- First bowl clean-up identifies only recyclable goods
- Composting is done throughout stadium kitchens
Placement of Bins & Staging Areas
- Paired mingle bins and trash on the inner/outer concourses & party decks
- Suites have “mingle” and glass bins
Energy & Water Conservation
- Lights and heaters turned off when not in use
- Restrooms have automated lights and automatic paper towel dispensers
- Compact energy efficient fluorescent bulbs where practical
- Low flow urinals and toilets
- Foam soap dispensers
Green Janitorial Products
- Janitorial supplies changeover to green products where practical
- “Green” floor scrubber
- Green ice melt
- All cleaning products are 100% green
- Food products donated to St. Vincent DePaul and scraps composted
- Glass bottles donated to charity
- Cooking oil recycled
- Old electronics donated to Free Geek
- Construction materials donated to Habitat to Humanity
- Bicycle racks provided for employees and fans
Methods of collection
- Event and Post event crew
- Collection bins and staging areas for all front office personnel
Lost and Found
- Unclaimed “Lost & Found” clothing and Rx/non-Rx glasses donated to Goodwill and The Lions Club
- Unclaimed “Lost & Found” cell phones donated to the ‘”Cell phone for soldiers” program
How can you learn more about these programs?
- Listen to public address announcements made during JELD-WEN FIeld events
- Stay up to date with information posted on this web page
- Review JELD-WEN Field’s “green” campaign in the Portland Timbers programs