Contest Rules - Take A Timbers To School 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Take a Timber to School Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins on April 6th, 2013and ends on May 6th, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period"). Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Portland Timbers (Sponsor). The UPS Store, Inc. is providing promotional support only for this Sweepstakes and shall not be considered a sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Oregon & SW Washington Counties [SW Washington Counties include: Clark, Skamania, Klickitat, Yakima, Lewis, Cowlitz, Wahkiakum & Pacific counties] (“Oregon & SW Washington Area”): (i) who are age 18 or older; and (ii) the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of six (6) and thirteen (13) years of age. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Portland Timbers, The UPS Store, Inc., and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, distributors (the “Releasees”), and members of the immediate family and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes with respect to entire prize. Potential winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification Form ("the Form") and return the Form to Sponsor or that potential winner may be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby: a) releases, indemnifies and holds harmless the Releasees from and against any and all harm, expense, liability or injury that may be sustained relating to or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize; and b) authorizes the Releasees to use the winners' names, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. HOW TO PLAY: There are two ways to enter: Limit one entry per person per household regardless of method of entry.
Enter on-site at any participating The UPS Store® locations in the Oregon & SW Washington Area during the Sweepstakes Entry Period by completing the entry form and depositing entry form into the marked box.
- On a 3x5 card print your name, address (including zip code), child’s name and age, email address and day and evening phone numbers, with area codes on entry form and send to Take a Timber to School Sweepstakes ATTN: Sponsorship, 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97205. All mail in entries must be postmarked by May 6th, 2013 and received no later than May 15th, 2013. Mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries are void.
No emailed, telephoned, faxed, or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged nor will proof of submission of an entry form be deemed proof of receipt. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry.
3. PRIZES: There will be one (1) grand prize awarded. Prize will be awarded only to the child of an eligible winner. The grand prize will consist of (i) a one (1) ninety (90) minute (including drive time to and from event) Portland Timber player visit to the school of the child of the winner, (ii) one (1) Portland Timbers jersey and one (1) autographed soccer ball by the visiting player. Grand prize is approximately $410 in value. Taxes on the prize is the sole responsibility of winner. The Portland Timber player to appear at the player visit will be selected by Sponsor. Player visit dates and arrangements will be determined by Sponsor and are subject to change.
4. DRAWING: One winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Random drawing to be conducted on or around May 15th, 2013. The random drawing will be conducted under the direct supervision of the Portland Timbers. Potential winner will be notified by phone on or around May 15th, 2013, based on contact information provided by entrant.
Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Upon the request of Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an IRS W-9 form.
5. PRIZE CLAIM: Noncompliance by a potential winner will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Releasees are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend the Sweepstakes at any time and for any reason without notice, and selecting a winner from among that portion of the Sweepstakes that has not been compromised, if any. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
6. GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants The UPS Store, Inc., its franchisees and the Portland Timbers full permission and authority to use, re-use and license the use of their voice, name, photograph or likeness in any promotional activity, except where prohibited by law, and further grants The UPS Store, Inc., its franchisees and Portland Timbers the right to use entrant contact information for its own use to contact entrants about other The UPS Store or Portland Timbers programs and that they are entitled to no further compensation from The UPS Store or Portland Timbers. Releasees and their agency are not responsible or liable for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, not received, stolen, mutilated or illegible entries or mail. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these official rules and regulations or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Sweepstakes, drawing and redemption of prize. The Releasees are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury or property loss or other damages of arising from, or in connection with the prizes awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
For winner’s name, send a request and Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope ('SASE') to be received by May 31st, 2013, to Portland Timbers / The UPS Store Sweepstakes ATTN: Sponsorship, 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97205.