Portland Timbers Adopt-a-Club Application Form
Dear Soccer Club:
The Portland Timbers invite your organization to apply to participate in the Adopt-a-Club program, presented by CenturyLink, during the 2012 season. This program provides Timbers players as celebrity mentors to youth soccer clubs in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Our Adopt-a-Club program offers the following opportunities to your club throughout the season:
- One appearance of your choice with your club’s mentor – appearances opportunities could include: a clinic for up to 50 youth players, attendance at a club jamboree or fundraiser, etc. Appearance opportunity is by choice of the club but must be approved by the Timbers.
- Donation of Timbers memorabilia for a club fundraiser
- Opportunity for 5-10 of your club’s coaches to have a coaching session with a Timbers coach and Timbers community ambassador and former Timbers player Scot Thompson
- Opportunity to nominate one (1) youth player to be recognized on-field at a select game during the 2012 season
We hope you will be interested in taking advantage of this great opportunity. Here is how your organization can become a participating partner in the Adopt-a-Club program:
- Complete and submit the application form online
- All information will be kept confidential and will be used solely by the Portland Timbers
Upon receipt of your application packet, your organization will be entered into our Adopt-a-Club database and you will be contacted if your club has been selected to participate. Please remember that you are submitting a request. Not all applications are guaranteed to be honored due to limited player availability.
Applications are due no later than March 1st and you will be notified by March 15th if your club has been selected to participate.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Christa Thoeresz at (503) 553-5430. You can find more information on the Timbers website at www.portlandtimbers.com.
All the best,
Portland Timbers Community Relations